Friday, January 08, 2010

Death of a Candle

My inspiration will never know
The poetry it created
Through me

No one would know
What I saw in it.

I extinguished myself
In the wind
That killed the candle

When alive,
It sputtered smokily

Waiting for the throes of death
Blown in the hiss
Of life

The candle once burnt
In the corners of the West
The pail of water
Drips its soul

In which corner
Shall I light it
Where it can regain Life?

The ember of the fire
Collapses upon itself
Where do I put it now?

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. Your work is definitely Maturing.Keep it up Debo, I'll lavish praise on ya for this!! Well Done! Bravo! And your mastering blank verse perfectly!!Good Job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never understood Poetry except for Wordsworth and Browning :p , but this one strikes a chord. :) As the French would say Ah! Magnifique

    ReplyDelete